An Exciting Announcement!!!
An Exciting Announcement From Life Discovery’s Board of Directors
Dear Life Discovery Community,
We are extremely pleased to announce that as of April 1st Mark Walth has accepted the position to be the new Director of Life Discovery Ministries. We feel Mark’s unique combination of abilities, skills and passions in ministry fit perfectly in his new role as Director.
Below are some Fun & Interesting Facts about Mark:
- Mark was born in rural South Dakota and grew up in the Midwest.
- His father was a Lutheran pastor. He was a PK: a Pastor’s Kid!
- As a young man he joined a Christian rock band called Damascus. It was there that he met Paul Sorensen, Mark Hiiva, and Greg. Greg mentored that group of young men and it was during that time that Mark was called to life-long ministry.
- Mark says, “I can’t remember ever not having faith in Jesus Christ and trusting him for my salvation.”
- Mark and Lorane were married in August of 1981.They have three boys: Benjamin, Isaac and Aaron.
- He taught music in public schools in the Midwest for 10 years and was a youth director for 7 years.
- After moving to Phoenix he ministered at Church of Joy with single adults, worship, men’s ministry and pastoral care. He also spent 5 years teaching music at Joy Christian School. During that time he served as the worship leader for Bjorn Peterson’s ministry, Prayer Watch International.
- Mark has an undergraduate degree in Music Education, a Master’s in Christian Studies and last year he received his Master of Divinity degree from Grand Canyon University.
- Mark has been actively involved in Life Discovery and its ministries for many years leading worship, teaching classes, etc. During the past year his “field experience”–a requirement of his M.Div. degree–was with Greg and Life Discovery. He has also been a grief facilitator with Healing From Loss for the past year.
As Mark takes on his new role in Life Discovery he will continue to work part-time as an Adjunct Professor and Instructional Assistant at GCU. Please join us in welcoming Mark as leader of this vital ministry as we continue to Empower People for Faith, Equip People for Life, and Help People Heal!
Bethany, Dawn, Elly, Joe, Tricia, Jerry, Angie, and Jeane (collectively known as ‘The Board’)